National Credit Union Youth Week is celebrated each April by credit unions across the country. During the week of 04.20.2014, the goal is to encourage kids to set up savings accounts and learn how to manage money. This year’s theme, Catch the Save Wave, harnesses the excitement for beaches, sand, and surfing to show the younger members they can benefit from visiting and saving at their credit union. Here are some ways that credit unions are celebrating:
• Andrews Federal Credit Union youth members who open an account with a $5 minimum will receive $10 deposited into their account. Youth members who already have an account and make a deposit during Youth Week will receive gifts when they stop by a branch. Click here for more information.
• Nassau Financial Credit Union is showing saving surfers how to grab some air and carve through the save wave with free gifts like pencils, coloring pages, Googolplex take-ones, worksheet for savings, and a prize from their treasure box. Additionally, everyone 18 and under who makes a deposit during the month of April will automatically be entered to win a $100 grand prize or one of four $25 gift cards to a local surf shop. Click here for more information.
• Potlatch 1 Federal Credit Union will be holding a free Money-Wise Kid's Carnival on 04.26.2014. Festivities will include games, food, and prizes. Click here for more information.
• FirstLight Federal Credit Union is giving away two tablets to the winners of their Youth Week Essay Contest. In addition, members will receive $10 for any new Youth Account opened. Click here for more information.
• HFS Federal Credit Union youth members ages 13 and under who make a deposit at the credit union will receive an HFS picnic kit that includes a drawstring bag, Frisbee, and water bottle. Additionally, all members ages 18 and under who make a deposit will be automatically entered to win one of two Kindle Fire HDs and $100 cash. Click here for more information.
MainSource Mortgage customers who open a new mortgage of at least $25,000 by 06.28.2014 will be entered to win $5,000 in new furniture. Click here for more information.
BancWest Investment Services, Bank of the West’s investment service line, is offering a bonus of up to $600 for new accounts. Customers can roll over their 401(k) or 403(b), transfer their IRA, or open a new account to earn the bonus which is based on the amount deposited. Deposit amounts of $250,000 or more earn $600; amounts of at least $100,000 earn $300; amounts of at least $50,000 earn $200, and amounts of at least $25,000 earn $100. Click here for more information.
Citi will be holding a special John Legend concert, exclusively for Citi ThankYou cardmembers, at the Emerson Theatre in Los Angeles, CA on 04.21.2014, with proceeds going to Teach for America. Tickets must be purchased with a Citi ThankYou credit card. Click here for more information.
Wells Fargo Corporate Banking division has formed a Healthcare Group to accommodate the needs of their growing healthcare market base. A suite of traditional banking and credit solutions will be provided. The newly formed sector will collaborate with Wells Fargo Securities’ Investment Banking and Capital Markets Group to provide capital market products and advisory services. Click here for more information.
One Nevada Credit Union members who use their debit or credit card for a credit transaction between 04.01.2014 and 05.15.2014 will receive one entry into the Go Card Crazy Contest for every eligible transaction. Five members with the most eligible debit or credit card transactions during the contest period will receive prizes. A first place winner will receive an iPad Air, second place will receive $500 cash, third place will receive a PlayStation 4, fourth place will receive a GoPro Hero 3+, and fifth place will receive a Kindle Fire HDX. Additionally, members who use their debit or credit card at designated local merchants have a chance to be seen by One Nevada's Prize Patrol to win $50 cash on the spot. Click here for more information.